LED light therapy (Light Emission Diode) was developed from space research. The improvement of certain health parameters, including the skin and hair condition of astronauts in space, has been linked to the LED light used on space stations. After examining the phenomena that occur in cells under the influence of light from diodes, it has been scientifically and clinically confirmed that LED light has a positive effect on the structures that are responsible for the production, release, and storage of energy in cells, which translates into a favorable state of tissues. LEDs stimulate hair follicles, helping to stop baldness and stimulating hair regrowth. Luminotherapy can be used alone or as a therapy supporting other methods.
What does the procedure entail?
The luminotherapy treatment is performed using a specialized lamp emitting LED light of different wavelengths which, depending on the color, have different effects on tissues:
- violet-blue light — works superficially, at the level of the epidermis, having anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- yellow light — works deeper, stimulating fibroblasts to produce collagen and elastin, relieving inflammation
- red-infrared light — works the deepest, at the level of the mitochondria, stimulating cellular metabolism and improving microcirculation, as well as the blood supply, the oxygenation of tissues, and the nutrition of hair follicles.
LED energy increases the energy potential in cells, leading to their rapid regeneration, stimulates the synthesis of protein that is hair building material, nourishes and oxygenates hair roots, and improves microcirculation — all these effects improve the condition of the hair. In addition, LED soothes skin inflammation and reduces excessive sebum production, which translates into additional benefits for the patient. Due to the soft heat felt, the treatment is very pleasant, even relaxing. Light therapy can also be combined with other methods for even better hair improvement results. It also speeds up healing of the scalp — e.g., after mesotherapy.
We also use LED luminotherapy for photodynamic therapy.
LED light therapy is a mild healing treatment (also used for faster healing of the skin after aesthetic medicine treatments), so it does not require a recovery period or the use of special care recommendations — apart from those to maintain results given patients during baldness therapy.
In order to achieve the visible result of hair thickening, a series of treatments should be performed, usually about 10–12, preferably 2–3 times per week. Afterwards, you can observe
- stopping the hair loss process
- hair regrowth
- better hair density and thickening
- relief of skin inflammation
- hair volume increase
- improved condition of the hair.
LED luminotherapy is recommended for those who suffer from the loss of or the deterioration in the quality and volume of their hair, especially in cases such as
- seasonal hair loss
- androgenetic alopecia in men and women
- hormonal alopecia
- alopecia after a history of illness
- hair loss after pregnancy and lactation
- slow hair regrowth
- seborrheic alopecia
- thin, delicate and damaged hair.
- safe and relaxing treatment
- decent price
- additional soothing and soothing effect on the scalp
- additional anti-dandruff effect, reducing seborrhea
- improved effectiveness of other scalp treatments
- useable year-round, regardless of the phototype
The most common contraindications for surgery are
- pregnancy or breast-feeding
- use of photosensitizing drugs
- allergy to light
scalp LED luminotherapy, 30 min
LED scalp luminotherapy, 30 min – for the treatment