Carboxytherapy is simply a “miracle gas” therapy — i.e., carbon dioxide. CO2 naturally occurs in our bodies. It is created as a product of the body’s biological processes and is excreted through the lungs when breathing. Medical carbon dioxide administered intradermally in small quantities improves tissue blood supply, which is crucial for the nutrition of hair follicles and normal hair growth. The treatment is quick, safe, and without risk of allergies or intolerance.
What does the procedure entail?
The carboxytherapy device used at i-Hairmed applies small amounts of sterile carbon dioxide in a controlled and safe manner.
- The gas is injected into the skin in areas of hair loss using shallow injections with a thin needle.
- Under the influence of CO2’s reaction with the water contained in tissue, oxygen is released from hemoglobin faster and blood flow increases in the area of application. There is an increase in the number of active capillaries that nourish the hair follicles.
- The procedure is quick, lasting about 20 minutes for a hairy scalp.
- Carboxytherapy should be performed in a series, with the number of repetitions selected individually. Treatments can be performed at even 1-week intervals.
- Carboxytherapy is also a great method of supporting other baldness treatments (e.g., mesotherapy).
The skin immediately after the procedure may be slightly red and swollen; sometimes patients also feel mild burning or tingling. These sensations disappear very quickly and do not require the use of soothing agents.
On the day of surgery, it is recommended not to wet the head, nor should you rub the skin.
After a series of treatments (usually around 8–10), hair loss is inhibited and new hair growth is stimulated. The growing hair is stronger and thicker.
Carboxytherapy brings improvement in the treatment of baldness of various origins, including
- androgenetic alopecia
- alopecia areata
- seasonal hair loss
- hair loss after pregnancy and lactation
- hair loss after hormonal therapies, under stress
- weak, damaged, nutritious hair — especially in women
- no recovery period, no special care required
- contributes to even better and faster results when supporting other methods
- decent price
The most common contraindications for surgery are
- pregnancy or breast-feeding
- blood coagulation disorders
- active inflammation on the scalp
- use of blood thinning drugs
120 PLN per treatment
1000 PLN per series of 10 treatments